Opened in Bay Lake FL in 1982, twice the size of Magic Kingdom, one of the most wide-open theme parks belonging to the Walt Disney Company is Epcot. Epcot is open every day from 9am-9pm, divided into two themed areas; Future World and The World Showcase. Future World is made up of 7 pavilions that explore technology and science, and also features Epcot’s landmark Spaceship Earth which is a large sphere structure with an attraction inside. The World Showcase is comparable to a permanent world’s fair, featuring 11 pavilions each with their own theme to a specific country.
- Standard parking for Epcot is $22.
- Preferred parking is $45, preferred parking lots are closer to the park’s main gate.
Future World started by showing the possibilities of what the future and technology could do. Since the present day has caught up with technology, Epcot has switched to making Future World more about education attractions instead of futuristic.
Future World is made up of 7 attractions;
- Spaceship Earth – The center attraction of Epcot, located inside the geodesic sphere is Spaceship Earth, a 13-minute dark ride that explores the progress of human communications.
- Mission: SPACE is a motion simulator ride that simulates what an astronaut would experience and feel on a spaceship to Mars.
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends – If you are looking for something for the kids, then The Seas with Nemo & Friends is the attraction you are looking for, with several shows related to the Finding Nemo theme.
- Innoventions – From the words “innovation” and “inventions” comes the Innoventions attraction, showing you technologies advancements and everyday life application.
- Test Track – For an adrenaline rush and high speed, check out the Test Track attraction with a high speed drive around the outside of the attraction, Test Track shows the testing procedures Chevrolet uses on their concept cars.
- The Land is more of a mini area inside of Epcot’s Future World, inside is the relationship of man with the environment.
- Imagination – One of the most overlooked attractions is Imagination. Great for the whole family, you go on a trip of smells, sights, and sounds.
The World Showcase
The World Showcase is the place to get an around the world experience, each of the 11 pavilions surrounds The World Showcase Lagoon, a manmade lake located in the center of the park. The World Showcase has 11 pavilions that represent a different country; each pavilion is themed to match that specific country. Landscapes, rides, live entertainment, shops, restaurants, and attractions are all themed and even most of the employees are citizens of the country they work in.
There are 7 attractions around The World Showcase;
- The American Adventure (USA) – Learn about American history at this animatronics show.
- Impressions de France (France) – Catch a movie about France’s history on five screens.
- O Canada ( Canada) – To see some beautiful scenery and cities in Canada check out the circle-vision 360º film.
- Gran Fiesta Tour (Mexico) – Take a ride on a boat attraction with The Three Caballeros.
- Frozen Ever After (Norway) – A dark ride attraction which features characters out of the Frozen movie.
- Reflections of China (China) – Another circle-vision 360º film showing you the beautiful scenery and buildings in China.
- Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure – An interactive attraction for the kids, become a secret agent, stop an evil Doctor. Featuring characters from Phineas and Ferb.
Clockwise order of The World Showcase pavilions;
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
Restaurants and Snack Bars
The main thing you will find at The World Showcase is food. There are over 30 selections of restaurants and snack bars to choose from inside of The World Showcase. There are also some food selections inside Future World but not nearly as many as you will find in The World Showcase.
The World Showcase has more than 30 food options, all themed for you to choose from;
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Norway)
- Biergarten Restaurant (Germany)
- Block and Hans (United States)
- Chefs de France (France)
- Choza de Margarita (Mexico)
- Crepes des Chefs de France (France)
- Fife and Drum Tavern (United States)
- Funnel Cake (United States)
- Gelati (Italy)
- Joy of Tea (China)
- Kabuki Café (Japan)
- Katsura Grill (Japan)
- Kringla akeri Og Kafe (Norway)
- L’Artisan des Glaces (France)
- La Cantina de San Angel (Mexico)
- La Cava del Tequila (Mexico)
- La Hacienda de San Angel (Mexico)
- Le Cellier Steakhouse (Canada)
- Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie (France)
- Les Vins des Chefs de France (France)
- Liberty Inn (United States)
- Lotus Blossom Café (China)
- Midnattssol Bakeri (Norway)
- Monsieur Paul (France)
- Nine Dragons Restaurant (China)
- Popcorn in Canada (Canada)
- Promenade Refreshments
- Refreshment Cool Post
- Refreshment Port (Canada)
- Restaurant Marrakesh (Morocco)
- Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room (United Kingdom)
- San Angel Inn (Mexico)
- Sommerfest (Germany)
- Spice Road Table (Morocco)
- Tangierine Café (Morocco)
- Teppean Edo (Japan)
- Tokyo Dining (Japan)
- Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar (Italy)
- Tutto Italia Ristorante (Italy)
- UK Beer Cart (United Kingdom)
- Via Napoli (Italy)
- Yorkshire Country Fish Shop (United Kingdom)
Future World has more than 5 food options including a food court;
- Coral Reef Restaurant (The Seas with Nemo & Friends)
- Electric Umbrella Restaurant (Innoventions)
- Fountain View
- Garden Grill (The Land)
- Sunshine Seasons Food Court (The Land)
- Taste Track (Test Track)
- Test Track Cool Wash (Test Track)
- The Land Cart